So, this year Lucas and I would like to celebrate his extra 21st chromosome by sharing with you his top 21 accomplishments since last "World Down Syndrome Day." (And it was hard to narrow it down to only 21!)
1. Lucas learned to skate, and is now talking about...I have no idea what I will do with 3 of them in hockey, but I'm sure I can figure it out!
5. Firmly established himself as the Wheel of Fortune Champion, much to his older brother''s chagrin
7. Has read more books on the Presidents than I even knew existed...
9 Runs a 12 minute mile!
10. Has begun Latin. Ego sum et nauta et agricola.
11. Survived sledding with Ryan!
13. ...and diorama
14 ...and Map of NY
16. Is quite the bubble hockey player
17. Learned how to tell time.
18. We wont even discuss this one.
20. Is second only to Ryan on the monkey bars
21. Absolutely owns my heart!
Thank You for your emails and messages, you are all an inspiration! If you are not already a member, please join us on The Down Syndrome Action Plan fb group - over 500 strong and growing with like-minded, progressive, brilliant members!
Geralyn and Lucas